mercredi 16 octobre 2013

BIOGRAPHY

BEHIND THE PSEUDONYM : 
"KALXIV" : kal means "voice" in Maya, the XIV in roman number means "14"... my lucky number.

THE BEGINNING : 
My real name is Alain Massol, I'm currently based in Paris.
Since I'm 14, I compose music for pleasure, and for some projects like short filmscorporate ...
Accomplished and experienced percussionist, I've studied one year of corn and 8 years of percussions at the Pantin (France) Conservatorium of Music under Jean Pierlot. I learned many instruments like : Tombak, drums, marimba ... 
This allowed me to enter a harmony orchestra (the OHP) during 4 years.
In the meantime I played during 10 years with the famous band "BATALA", which is one of the world's most 
famous band of brazilian percussions. That melting-pot helped me a lot to learn piano by myself.




MY MUSIC : 
It's a mix of pop music and electronics sounds. Some people will tell you that is variety music and I accept that.
The main instruments are : Piano, synths, strings, percussions, electric piano, and some MIDI plugs...

Concerts : 
All those bands allowed me to play in the finest concert halls in France : La grande halle, le Bataclan, le Cabaret sauvage, la Boule Noire, le Trabendo, le Divan du monde, L'espace Kiron, Le Réservoir ...

Today :
I'm building piece by piece my music project called "INNKA".
In the meantime I'm working with some artists like "RAPSODES"





Film direction :
I'm producing (director/music/video editing) a web serie called "HDB" https://www.facebook.com/HistoiresDeBoloss
®kAlXIV's PRODUCTION : 
- Music production as performer & composer
- Music collaboration as composer & producer
- Web-series (HDB, Kali kalo, Rohit & Co...) as director
- Video editing (for Artists, corporate...) as movie editor
- Shorts films (21.12.12 "Le nouveau cycle", l'enfoiré, l'union fait la force*...) as director, movie editor & composer


* Winner of the "3 mots pour l'Europe" Award, organized by M6 and the French ministry of education.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire